spoon

Recent Recipes

Spinach Cheese Muffins

0

Category : ,

Started getting a little hungry around 10pm, was sick of the almonds I have for munching on and had a craving to make muffins.

When I was younger my twin sister and I went through some different baking phases, one of which was a muffin phase. Our mom has a little cookbook of muffin and scone recipes and we just went through it and made all the muffins that sounded tasty. Then making muffins became too easy and we stopped.

But back to tonight. I have a craving for muffins, specifically spinach cheese muffins.

Problem: All the recipes I found called for ingredients I didn't have on hand
Solution: Try to come up with my own recipe based kind of sort of on a recipe I found. I took out the butter (because there's cheese in the recipe, no more fat needed), chives and instead of using Parmesan (which would have been really great) I used a Mexican mix (that's all they had at the student store). I am currently sitting here hoping that they don't come out like rocks.

They didn't come out like rocks! In fact they're really light and golden brown and just a little crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside.

Spinach Cheese Muffins

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1-1/2 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach or 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
  • 3/4 cup Mexican cheese mix
Preheat oven to 400° F
Whip the egg and milk together and then add all the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Batter will be thick and very sticky. Grease muffin pan with olive oil and pour batter into each muffin tin. Place in the center of the oven rack and bake for 20 minutes or until a light brown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment